Monday 7 December 2009

State of Mind

Not sure how I am feeling this morning, a bit like the weather - changeable!  On the whole, of late, my state of mind has been calm and…. uggh…. dare I say it "normal." I can't remember the last time I cried though I have had the occasional tear in my eye. So that is an improvement - I think.
I have friends who live with depression, friends who live with it or through it with a loved one and friends who don't believe it exists. So I have, over the last 3 years, had an amazing and varied  selection of backup, help and advice! All of it I have listened to, not all of it have I believed or acted upon. It's a very personal thing to live with and though others may understand they don't really "understand"  I'm guessing now that if you have never been a sufferer you may have lost interest and be about to move on to the next blog/task/pastime, but if you have been unfortunate and have walked the road of total confusion and despair you will appreciate the different types of "understanding"  Time is supposed to be a great healer, I think it is more a great sticker on of patches, rounding off of sharp corners, puller of  veils over memories. But then my understanding may be different to yours………..

No comments: