Thursday 24 December 2009

A recurring thought

Whenever a "holiday" comes around the same thoughts go through my mind……it is Christmas, Easter and New Year which go towards giving the year some form, something to look towards, whether you have religious beliefs or not. These times raise the spirits and lower the bank balance, but most of all they are times when you think of friends and relations far and near. They are doubtless in your thoughts all year round but at these times there is perhaps a card to be written, a gift to be purchased and there is as much pleasure in the seeking out of the perfect gift as there is in the receiving of one.  Everywhere looks bright and cheerful with coloured lights and decorations inside the home and in the towns, again these serve to cheer and bring a smile.

And what of me this coming holiday?…… well I guess that my day will be much the same as every other day…….perhaps I need to be a little more proactive next holiday time………..

No comments: