Saturday 12 December 2009

Noise


Not a good night - too much noise - uncomfortable bed - head full of goodness knows what!  At 4.30am there was traffic noise and oh how I wished for the silence of my Devon home. There the only noise I hear at night is the Tawny Owl in the Ash tree and very occasionally a fox bark across the fields.  The silence is as deep as the darkness can be, for if the moon is covered by cloud then it really is "pitch black" no street lights or house lights. I don't find it disturbing in any way though I have friends who find it very worrying. So, I have two more nights to endure but then the daytime will be filled with friends and fun and I can catch up on sleep next week. Now all I need to do is empty my head of the whirling thoughts and I can rest for a while……..

1 comment:

John said...

Poor you awake so early. Yes although I was born and bred in London suburbs, I hate going back, it's far too noisy and light. The pitch black of the country is far better, not that it gets that dark nowadays in Boscastle, too many damn street lights, but at least it's quiet and peaceful at night.
Enjoy your timee wit friends, hope you sleep well tonight.