Monday 28 December 2009

Music




I've been thinking  a lot lately of various song lyrics. Mostly heavy stuff. People seem to be surprised at my love of "Heavy Metal" and some of the "Goth" bands……… they have a lot to say and say it well.  Because they are young doesn't mean that they don't have ideas and opinions about life and the world in which they live.  The Heavy Metal bands that I like, on the whole are not so young now, but then I have grown up and old with them!  Some lyrics are likely to find their way into these wanderings of mine, I think that they will say what I feel much better than I………..


Hopelessness                                                      
is the darkness in your heart
It's the sound of one hand clapping
While it's pulling you apart


1 comment:

John said...

Hey when did you get to Boscastle?
That's a great shot.

Ha I was never a fan of heavy metal as a youngster, too involved in running and paying for a house and family, but I have of recent years come to appreciate some. I bought last year or was it early this year, Ozzie Osbournes latest Black Rain. I love the beat, and can personally relate to a lot of the lyrics. Well nearly all of them.