Monday 7 June 2010

A dress

For years I have worn skirts and trousers teamed with T shirts, blouses and tops of all sorts, but never dresses. So why the change of heart, why is my wardrobe now full of dresses? From the practical angle it is so much easier to choose and put on one item. No hurried matching of outfits to be done, no searching for just the right colour of top to go with those taupe trousers that look so good but are the very devil to match with anything but cream!  And there is another reason for the change, dresses, I have at last discovered, have a much more feminine look and feel. A dress, stockings and heels - perfect for that "feel good" factor which is so important to lift the spirits! So now to prune out the wardrobe to make room for some more shopping expeditions. Trousers have their place but it's dresses now for me at every opportunity!

1 comment:

Mairéad said...

I love dresses too but don't wear that often but now that the good weather is here I might be tempted.