Wednesday 27 October 2010

Time to change

It was brought home to me quite forcefully today that Town and Country don't always mix…… in this case it was my choice of footwear.  Always a lover of heels, I have held on to them through two prolapsed discs in  my back causing numbness in my feet. Various losses and gains in weight and of course many and various changes in fashion. I really must accept that heels and rickety old pavements are a recipe for disaster, in this case me tripping, hitting my head on some railings and ending in an undignified heap on the floor. No damage done apart from a bit of a headache and the paramedics were very kind. They said that they see a lot of it - undignified heaps on the pavement that is, but it's normally on a Friday and Saturday night!! So from now on no heels for Ann unless I'm in town or indoors….hmmmm how long will this last I wonder.


No comments: