Saturday 16 January 2010

Reaction

I had a phone call on Thursday which was  unexpected. It came from the hospital in Exeter  offering me an appointment at the Spinal Injuries Clinic. I wasn't aware that I had been referred to this clinic and perhaps that was the reason for my reaction……..apprehension isn't a strong enough word, fear is too strong.  Illogical would be more to the point really!!  Anyway the appointment is on Monday…….I'd better get my thoughts gathered and dates to my fingertips because there will be, no doubt, a certain amount of form filling to be done. I can still remember the day it happened, as if it were yesterday. You forget the pain of childbirth but I have never forgotten the pain I had that day. Different pain, different outcome………..

2 comments:

John said...

I'd like you to tell me about "that" day sometime.

I'll be thinking of you on Monday, but it'll only be talk and form filling I expect.

Faye White said...

I wasn't aware that you have been dealing with such a level of pain, Ann. I do hope you can find some relief soon.