Tuesday 5 January 2010

Morning



Morning hasn't yet broken….. I wonder what the sunlight will show today - more ice, more chilliness. As ever we are surprised, almost hurt that the weather has the audacity to be "winter like" in December/January. Someone asked me last night how long could this terrible cold go on……Oh March or April even I said - that went down well………..  As you can't change the weather you have to live with it, says she from the comfort of her centrally heated home, though I guess I'd have a different view if I were living out on the street.
I have had lyrics going through my head for a couple of days now and not the usual "heavy" stuff but Enya and  The Beatles.  These words from Pilgrim by Enya strike a cord……...

pilgrim, in your journey
you may travel far,
for pilgrim it's a long way
to find out who you are...



1 comment:

John said...

Yes indeed you can travel a lifetime to find out who you really are!

Only light snow and hail here, yet apparently people can't get into the vilage. Have we lost our ability to live with bad weather? Maybe we are too mollycoddled these days, expecting everything done for us, and having no gumption to wrap up, put on your boots, or learn to drive on icy roads, and get on with life.

For me the seasons are a challenge to be overcome, with a sense of achievement when you do.