Tuesday 26 January 2010

Hope

I almost feel guilty because I haven't written for a few days. If this were a paper "diary" then there would be blank pages staring at me accusingly - another little spoonful of guilt - but this way is better, no lines to fill, no sense of obligation.

So…….4.30 am when I woke and 4.45 when I got downstairs….not bad. The days of leaping out of bed with the lark are well and truly behind me, but the pills will work in a while and I when it's light I can do my exercises - can't do them in the dark. Put a light on? no, I like to wander round the house in the dark, I know it so well, like an old friend. All the houses I have lived in have failed to be more than a temporary safe haven but this one, right from the start has been special. From the first day I stood in the orchard, supported by 2 sticks, and cried because it was so lovely and I couldn't see how I could cope with the acre of garden stretching before me. But the chance was taken thank goodness. A corner turned in the right direction………….. And the boat?.....well it's all in the name really...........

1 comment:

John said...

And where there's hope .....

Your house sounds nice, so glad it's your home to you too.