Thursday 24 February 2011

Icebergs…or not


I sat and typed out my blog for today and thought of a friend who is going through one of life's sticky patches. On impulse I sent the proposed writing to her for her comments. I' m so glad I did for back came really positive thoughts, links and ideas. Directions which I had completely missed/forgotten about. She found some positive directions to go in and I'm so pleased on two counts - one that she is seeing some "positives" and two that she chose to share them thereby redirecting my somewhat  negative stance - I'm being kind here with the use of "somewhat" - it was very negative indeed.  But here - judge for yourself………….

 Icebergs
(( I sometimes think that we are a bit like  icebergs. You start off with pretty much a full complement of everything you're going to need - unlike an iceberg it's all in a little package but stick with me a while….You're full of energy, enthusiasm, thirst for knowledge and off you sail into life. Slowly but surely all that you have dwindles and shrinks. I can hear you  "my waistline could do with shrinking a bit"  but think metaphorically.  The iceberg shrinks as it sails into warmer, uncharted territory, bits drop off it and sail off on their own, they're called calves - how appropriate, though they could be called many other things, friends, partners, lovers, colleagues, annoying shop assistants, people who get in my way when I'm driving…..but I digress - slightly! The iceberg continues sailing along getting smaller and smaller until eventually it disappears altogether.  Ever felt you're doing just that……..dropping calves and sailing on to who knows what?))

There … almost a BOGOF!

No comments: