Saturday 22 January 2011

Words I must avoid.

I started a list - Words I must avoid - Then I realised that it should be two lists, one for written words and one for spoken. The written list would have to be sub-divided into words not to be used in emails to friends/family and words not to be used on social networking sites (horrid phrase - who thought it up and it's going at the top of one of my lists)

The spoken list is perhaps even more problematical, but I'll sort that out later - maybe. I'm usually quite a way behind with the "in" words of the young as I no longer have teenagers around me and therefore the words take longer to filter through. I have to take care when in public and talk in a way befitting a grown up - how boring that is! At home and amongst friends I don't mind making a complete fool of myself by using a word which went out of fashion/usage a mere nanosecond ago. The family / friends smile and put it down to my age :))  As far as the SNS's go, as no one knows it's really me…..do they? I can act a part - the whole thing is a giant stage - I can be whoever I want to be, say whatever I like. This thought makes me realise how happy I am being me - I don't need to act anything.

Anyway, back to the lists…….. maybe. Perhaps that should go at the top of all the lists - maybe. Well it might and then again it might not .





2 comments:

mumsarcade said...

Love your pics.
Over at http://gigglingatitall.blogspot.com I have tried to take part in a meme for the first time and apparently needed to tag whatever that means 15 mummy bloggers so I tagged you so want to know 7 things about you that we don't know in a blog post on your blog.
Hope that is OK

SuPine said...

One word which I must avoid at all costs (as far as my grandchildren are concerned) is 'settee'. Along with much giggling, I am told it is called a 'sofa'!! I'm sure there will be many more as time goes by ....