Wednesday 19 January 2011

Oh to sleep…..to sleep

For some reason my sleep patterns have gone haywire and I'm awake at around 4am, lying watching the clock, trying to sleep, trying to avoid the temptation to get up and DO something.  The more I try to sleep the more impossible it becomes. A vicious circle if ever there was one.
Yesterday I had my third session of Shiatsu and felt wonderfully relaxed afterwards in a dreamy sort of way. I hope that the feeling will last so that I can get a good sleep. I have tried Reiki and Reflexology, both of which have been helpful, though I find that Shiatsu has a more lasting effect. The main problem has been how far I have had to travel for treatments. Driving home afterwards has been a strain on occasions and has negated the effects. Now I have a different strategy, the treatment, a long lunch and a walk and then the drive home. It isn't a long way but by the time I'm turning into the driveway I am ready to sleep.  I don't fully understand the workings of Shiatsu, except that pressure points similar to those of acupuncture are used. I am quite happy not to know, I approached it with an open mind and am content that I get benefit. I have no wish to dissect it.

Playtime.

No comments: