Monday 1 November 2010

Off I go

I don't find it easy to make decisions when it comes to travel. Probably because I find the whole event quite stressful, or maybe I'm just a home bird! Carrying luggage, rushing for trains/planes etc. Why is there never enough time, however early one leaves? Left to my own devices I would drive everywhere. Load the car, get in and go. Stop when you wish, start when you wish - simple. I could never quite understand the advert "let the train take the strain" well that's just fine but it doesn't stop at my door. I have a 25 mile trip to a station, a car park to pay for and then a trek to the platform. And on the subject of platforms - does anyone EVER travel from the one  right at the entrance - I don't think so. There are always stairs to climb, bridges to cross……. Airports are similar - I'm sure that the gates right by the building are there for show, the ones in use are a mile long trek along marble corridors ( well perhaps imitation marble in most cases) ending in poky lounges with not enough seats. Anyway I made a decision to travel so I must go and load the car ready for the trip to the station……….



I wish that this were mine - then I'd have to cut down on luggage ;)

1 comment:

Brent said...

I am the same way. When it comes to travel, I like it to be as spontaneous as possible. That also means it is a lot more expensive! But, like you, I can find the whole process exhausting. Vacations are supposed to be relaxing.