Thursday 4 November 2010

Home

Yesterday was good, tiring but good. I must have walked miles looking at the wonderful architecture. I visited a gallery in Whitechapel High Street, walked down Petticoat Lane again and got myself right up close to the "gerkin" or as it is rightly called 30 St.Mary Axe. I took photographs of it and nobody shouted so I must look like a fine upstanding British citizen, not intent upon mischief.  Or something!!

The tube strike caused mayhem at the end of the day, with the car, booked for 4.30pm unable to get to the rendezvous. A taxi was hailed and so the tortuous journey began with the driver taking every "rat run" he could think of to avoid the queues. There were huge lines of people waiting for buses, over 100 extra had been put into service. Our arrival at Paddington Station was alas, 3 minutes too late, though the wait of 16 minutes for the next one was hardly  a problem.

My overall thoughts on London - wonderful to visit for a few days and it'll be great when it's finished!!

The tranquility of Dartmoor - Bliss.

No comments: