Wednesday 3 November 2010

Travel

So I have survived a day of sightseeing in London. Saw a lot of the famous places, some only from a distance of course! The Tate Modern was every bit as vast as I remembered it, the intertwining galleries take a bit of following. I can't say that I was overly impressed with the Dreams and Surrealism Exhibition - too much gloom and angst and too little colour. I was about to head for the door when I turned a corner and came face to face with Monet's Waterlilies and suddenly the trek round was worthwhile.  After lunch in one of my favourite restaurants, right next to St. Paul's cathedral I wandered back to the hotel via the Square Mile - the financial district - all the famous street names - Threadneedle Street, Cheapside, Bishopsgate.
Not sure how today will pan out as there is a Tube strike - more walking I guess.........

Somewhat surrounded and dwarfed.

No comments: