Monday 22 November 2010

The Weekend

The annual trip to Cornwall for the "Golfing Weekend" is over. As usual the food was superb, impeccably served with precision timing - how DO they do that?  The golf was good, so I'm told, and my trip to some gardens with 4 other golf widows was hilarious - I was a first timer among this group and wasn't ready for the level of humour and ever so slightly outrageous behaviour - nothing too raunchy you understand but the guy who gave us directions to the Park & Float looked a bit cautious as he approached the car!

When we arrived at said gardens all 4 of them instantly disappeared into the shop. Not for them wandering around admiring the budding Camelias and stunning autumn foliage - it was straight into the Christmas gift section waving purses and credit cards - I followed. Not only followed I bought, several things though I was well outclassed by my companions, me who always thought she could shop for her country!  I'd better get into practise for next year!

No comments: