Sunday 7 February 2010

Emotion

Sometimes I really want to scream... you know, a full blooded, loud howling scream which would tear my lungs and make people cover their ears.  But I don't because I have had a good upbringing. I was taught to always control my emotions. Taught that there was nothing to be gained by "excessive' shows of any sort of emotion. You just got on with life, put whatever it was behind you and got on with whatever came along next. Whatever!!
So now why do I want to rebel? I'm a bit old for that surely.......... Why do I want to scream a bloodcurdling scream?  Perhaps I have a good many years to make up for.  Perhaps I don't care any more what people might think.  Perhaps I want to make myself heard...... but will anyone listen?
 I wonder....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting question and one I've also asked. Holding in emotions seems to lead to more problems as we can build up to bursting. A few years ago I broke down and cried, one I really needed. I've felt so much better since and not ashamed of it. In fact it may be more masculine to be in touch with our emotions/feelings than hold them in. Our emotions are our bodies way of telling us something is going on inside of us.

Scream!