Monday 2 June 2014

Honeysuckle Moon Guitars and Pickups.

I read a lot about people who go out to take photos with a specific image in mind - perhaps a certain scene or subject - and are content to go home with nothing if they don't find it, searching again another day. While I have no problem with that at all, it isn't for me. I'm a bit like a child in a sweet shop when I get out with a camera, there is just SO MUCH to photograph. Everywhere you look there is something. So when my friend Martin asked me to take some photos for him I was, to start with, at a bit of a loss. Martin is a Professional Photographer - a hard act to follow. He teaches - photography - eecck! But not being one to resist a challenge I said I'd give it a go. The subject, his handmade guitar pickups. I had the vaguest idea of what they were. As they are part of a guitar I knew that they couldn't be too big. See, I didn't really know at all...

These pickups are for sale, the photos needed to be... well lots of things really. When you buy something you expect the photograph to show how it's made, the detail etc etc. Nothing to be done but get them in front of a camera and what fun I have had. I'm still slightly hazy about what they actually do - sorry Martin -  but I've enjoyed the challenge. The pickups and the guitars, which he also makes, go by the name of Honeysuckle Moon. Here are some of my results. I can hear one or two of you saying "is that some form of lingerie I see in one of them?" Well yes, of course, who took the photos?  ;)














 Here's a link to Martin's Etsy shop where the pickups are for sale and there is information about his guitar making.  https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/sasibel/about?

No comments: