Friday 30 May 2014

The never ending battle

Title says it all really, the battle is with my weight, you're ahead of me aren't you? This battle is familiar to some I guess and those of you who haven't a clue what I mean, well, very lucky you!  Yo-yoing is probably the best description of my weight and my wardrobe, groaning with clothes of many sizes stands as testament. I have no such excuse for the number of pairs of shoes I have, not that I need one. No, I must stay focused and not wander into the realms of shoes although the delivery man will be bringing a box today from Sarenza... sigh.

In an effort to reduce my weight and keep the idea in mind I have bought a handy little gadget called a Fitbit One. It logs how far I walk in a day, how many calories I burn, steps I climb... you get the idea. It is all displayed in a handy desktop dashboard in case I forget what I'm aiming for. In truth all I really need to do is to walk past any of the mirrors in the house and take a good look but hey, a bit of technology to play with can't be bad and if it serves to prick my conscience then even better. I don't expect I'll be sylph like in a couple of weeks, or a couple of months but I'll make the required effort to walk straight past the biscuits isle in the supermarket from now on and the wine isle, the chocolate isle, the cakes isle... If only the supermarkets would bunch all the fattening stuff together in one place it'd be easier to ignore wouldn't it?

Anyway it's Friday and I have a self portrait to plan so I'm off to the camera...




No comments: