Monday 28 March 2011

The Weekend

20110327-imgp7661

Well it's gone… the weekend that is. There must be some law of Physics which states that time speeds up on Saturday and Sunday.

Not that it should bother me as I've been "retired" for a good number of years so weekends are little different from the rest of the week.
When I say "retired" I mean that I gave up paid employment in favour of child rearing and allotment digging……... there are so many similarities there, but perhaps
I'll save them for another day.  So back to the disappearing weekend. Saturday seemed to pass in a haze of waiting for other people to do things so that I could get on
with my things. As you know, that is doomed to failure and so my things remain undone. The lure of Bike Racing at a track 250 miles away reduced the number for dinner to 3.
Then 2 decided that they would dine alone so I was footloose and fancy free with a bottle of wine and the remote control. The change in Summertime or whatever it is called these days meant that
an hour of precious sleep was lost so when I woke  at 6am, which was really 5am the wine didn't seem like such a good idea. 
Anyway into the car we 3 piled for our trek upcountry and 200 miles later were cooing at the shiny new car. The deed was done, it joined the family and we set off for home in convoy. Why did we have to travel 200 miles, well 400 really, for a new car? Well it's something to do with the engine, the accessories, the badges on the back and sundry other mega important issues, resulting in the ONLY car on the planet which fitted all criteria was this one 200 miles away….. could have been worse…could have been in Scotland!
Safely home and fitting neatly among the rest of the stable on the drive it gleams and serves to show up the 3" of mud all over mine, the duct tape holding the bumper on another one, the bird poo spotted all over the roof of the "one which never gets used" - there's anther story…… and yes, even the Merc now looks a little less pristine.  Oh joy….I feel another car search coming on….

No comments: