Tuesday 21 December 2010

Last trip of the year

Four days in France have flown by and now it's time to close up the house until the New Year. It will be well into February before another visit will be possible due both to other commitments and the fact that the most convenient ferry doesn't start to run again until then. This trip has been marred by my illness which, true to form, is getting better now it's time to leave. How annoying. A walk in the snow and a trip to Josselin is about all that has been managed, though the rest of the time has been relaxing to a certain extent. At least there were no jobs to be done.
So now for the trip to Roscoff and then home. Friends have warned of the state of the roads so it could be an interesting drive. Time will tell. As usual my feelings are mixed, the level of relaxation I get here is far and above that I have at "home" with it's many and varied pressures. But then it is home and here in France is "holiday". Best not to blur the edges I feel.

My nod towards Christmas

No comments: