Wednesday 3 March 2010

Everyone wants to be a Centerfold

Ok now I have the title but what do I mean by it?  I'm not suggesting that the middle pages of a certain genre of magazine is what we aspire to, though I guess some of us do. I'm thinking in a little more general terms......be it the fleeting center of attention or the secure place we hold in someones'  heart. It could even be the picture kept in pride of place on the desktop/mantlepiece/desk.

 Somehow or other we all strive for it and bask in a warm glow when it is achieved. The down side is.....WHY does there always have to be a "down" side? Well there is and it's when you find you've slipped from that central spot.......become sidelined.......relegated to the back page by the "flavour of the month" the next "right one" This is when our sense of security crumbles around us. Having felt secure, in our warm glow and perhaps taken it for granted, it is indeed hard to bear. The saying "Off with the old On with the New" comes to mind - at what stage do you become the "Old"?

There is a very cynical little voice inside me now saying;  Hey! there are so many people out there on the lookout for a bit of "fun" what does it matter if things go wrong - there are plenty more fish in the Sea/Facebook/Myspace/Dating Sites………… I said it was cynical..........here's hoping I've got it wrong................

1 comment:

Faye White said...

Yep, everyone wants to special to at least one person.