Sunday 12 September 2010

Hmmm

I'm not usually lost for words. If there aren't any posted it usually means that the photos are what I want to say. For the past few days I have been finding it difficult to verbalize (is that really a REAL word - yep, I just looked it up) My thoughts have been going in so many directions that speech has been difficult. I must try to get my brain to slow down a little.
The trip to France was a great success with lots more exploring as well as revisiting old favourites. The street market at St. Brieuc is wonderful. It was good to see long queues at several vegetable stalls and then realise that they were the "organic" ones. The town is definitely one of two parts - the inner core of old town and the much more modern surroundings. Though we have been there on several occasions this is the first time that we have found the old market square. I think another trip is on the cards as it is so very interesting. I found this in Wikipedia:

Saint Brioc (Welsh: Briog ; also known in French as Brieuc, in Breton as Brieg, and in Cornwall as Breock) was an early 6th century Welshman who became the first Abbot of Saint-Brieuc in Brittany. He is one of the seven founder saints of Brittany.

Lot's to be learned I think...........




No comments: